Last Revised on October 24, 2019
1. TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you use the Website, we may collect Information in the following categories:
• “Personal Information,” which means information that identifies you (whether directly or indirectly), such as your name, postal address, email address and telephone number; and
• “Non-Personal Information,” which means information that does not directly or indirectly identify, and cannot reasonably be used to identify, you. If Non-Personal Information is directly or indirectly associated with Personal Information, this Non-Personal Information is then treated as Personal Information.
Information we may collect about you includes:
• Information you provide when you access or use the Website and each time you interact with the Website or Annexon Biosciences, for example, when you submit a job application to us or communicate with us by telephone or email.
• Usage, viewing and technical Information, including your IP address or device identifier when you use the Website. If you access your account from a mobile device, that mobile device may also provide us with details of your location. Most mobile devices allow you to disable this functionality.
2. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
• We collect Information you provide to us when you: input Information into the Website; request information from us; submit an application for a job with us; or otherwise interact with us or the Website.
• We collect Information through unique identifiers (such as IP address or your mobile device advertising identifier).
o Strictly necessary cookies - These cookies are essential in order to enable you to navigate and use our Website. Without these cookies, certain services you have asked for cannot be provided.
o Performance cookies - These cookies collect Information about how you use the Website. These cookies don’t collect Personal Information and are only used to improve how the Website works.
o Functionality cookies - These cookies allow the Website to remember choices you make, such as your preferences, to provide enhanced, more personal features.
o Other Technologies - We may also use other Internet technologies, such as web beacons or pixel tags and other similar technologies, to deliver or communicate with cookies and analyze your use of the Website.
Do Not Track (DNT) is a privacy preference that users can set in some web browsers, allowing users to opt out of tracking by websites and online services. Annexon Biosciences and the Website [do not recognize DNT].
3. USE OF YOUR INFORMATION BY ANNEXON BIOSCIENCES
The ways in which we may use your Information include the following:
• To provide you with the Website.
• To communicate with you and send you information about features of the Website or changes to our policies.
• To create anonymized and aggregated data sets that may be used for a variety of functions, including research, internal analysis, analytics, and other functions.
• To ensure consistency with local law and choices and controls that may be available to you.
• To detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
• To optimize or improve the content and features of the Website.
• To personalize and improve the Website and user experiences, and to increase the functionality and user friendliness of the Website.
• To monitor and analyze the Website usage and trends and otherwise measure the effectiveness of the Website.
4. SHARING YOUR INFORMATION WITH OTHER COMPANIES
We will not share your Personal Information outside Annexon Biosciences except in limited circumstances which you consent to:
• In connection with the sale of a business (including merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a material portion of its assets, change in corporate control, or insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings).
We do not share any Information with third parties for marketing purposes.
5. YOUR CONTROLS AND CHOICES
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use and sharing of your Information. You may request access to the Personal Information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it. You may request access to your Personal Information by contacting us at email@example.com. Please be aware that, if you do not allow us to collect Personal Information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain products and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. If you have questions regarding the specific Personal Information about you that we process or retain, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND LINKS
Our Website may contain links to other online platforms operated by third parties. We do not control such other online platforms and are not responsible for their content, their privacy policies, or their use of your Personal Information. Our inclusion of such links does not, by itself, imply any endorsement of the content on such platforms or of their owners or operators except as disclosed on the Website. Please keep in mind that Information you post on public or semi-public venues, including Information you share on third party social networking platforms (such as Facebook or Twitter) may also be viewable by other users of the Website and/or users of those third-party online platforms without limitation as to its use by us or by a third party. When you provide Information to a third-party online platform, the Information you provide may be separately collected by that third-party. The Information the third-party online platform collects is subject to the third-party online platform’s privacy practices. Privacy choices you make on the third-party online platform will not apply to our use of the Information we collect directly through our Website.
We expressly disclaims any and all liability for the actions of third parties, including but without limitation to actions relating to the use and/or disclosure of Personal Information by third parties.
7. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We do not seek or knowingly collect any Personal Information about children under 13 years of age. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected Personal Information from a child under 13 years of age, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database.
If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 13 years of age who has provided us with Personal Information, you may contact us to request it be deleted.
8. DATA SECURITY, INTEGRITY AND RETENTION
10. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a user of this service and a California resident under the age of 18, you may request to have your posted content or Information removed from the publicly-viewable portion of this web site by [INSERT PROCESS FOR REMOVING CONTENT] or contacting us directly. Content or Information may not be removed from our systems or databases. In certain situations, content or Information cannot be removed.
As a California resident, you may contact us with any questions or to request a list of third parties to whom we may disclose Information for such third parties’ marketing purposes and the categories of Information we may disclose. See How to Contact Us below.
11. HOW TO CONTACT US